I recently up-voted an answer but upon further reflection while not a really bad answer it didn't address a few aspects of the question. When I pressed down-vote it went from +1 to -1 instead of going back to zero.

I didn't think the answer deserved -1 so up-voted again to +1 but wondered if there is a way to just undo a vote so it would have gone back to zero in the above case? Not sure if I've missed something or if anyone else thinks it may be worthwhile feauture?


1 Answer 1


You can just re-click the upvote mark to undo your vote. However, after a certain time (how long, I do not know) your vote is "locked": you cannot undo it (or change it into a downvote) until the answer is edited.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Ahh thanks Camil, seems a bit counter-intuitive but just tried on your answer just now and see how it works. \$\endgroup\$
    – PeterJ
    Feb 16, 2013 at 12:41
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ For all those meta points :) \$\endgroup\$
    – W5VO
    Feb 16, 2013 at 19:37

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .