According to Area51,
This site is in
Anyone can participate!
This site has finished its beta and will be launching very soon.
IIRC, the tentative launch date was at 90 days from private beta, and we're at 97 days right now.
So, what are we waiting for? What should we do when it happens? What needs to be done before it happens?
Our current stats are:
- 7.5 questions per day: Okay – 15 questions per day on average is a healthy beta, 5 questions or fewer per day is worrying.
- 99% of questions answered: Excellent – 90% answered is a healthy beta, 80% answered is worrying.
- 204 avid users, 1,996 total users: Excellent - Recommended breakdown:
- 150 users with 200+ rep (currently 204 users with 200+ rep)
- 10 users with 2,000+ rep (currently 24 users with 2,000+ rep)
- 5 users with 3,000+ rep (currently 15 users with 3,000+ rep)
- 2.5 answer:question ratio: Excellent – 2.5 answers per question is good, only 1 answer per question is worrying.
- 1,556 visits/day: Excellent – 1,500 visits per day is good, 500 visits per day is worrying.
This puts us at 4 Excellent stats, and 1 OK stat. These numbers are probably inflated because we were seeded by Chiphacker content. I've been checking this status page fairly regularly, and they've removed the 'Total questions' stat, which had been falsely inflated due to the Chiphacker seeding.
The only thing that I'd like to see happen before we go public is turning our focus more toward professional engineering. We're hobbyist heavy right now, which discourages experts and professionals from joining.