Another set of hilarious tags: , , and Almost everything that isn't software could use all of those tags.

Thoughts on removing/retagging questions with P/I/V as they appear?

Their physical counterparts , , , or other circuit elements are also very prone to abuse, but questions are generally focused on them in some manner.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Apparently I'm guilty of this: electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/7117/… -- which should probably have my new line-power tag in lieu of power \$\endgroup\$
    – Nick T
    Jan 24, 2011 at 3:33
  • \$\begingroup\$ hmm, that's quite a few questions and they'd all have to be manually retagged, as this isn't a batch rename scenario \$\endgroup\$ Jan 24, 2011 at 4:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Jeff, yes it would be a pain, and I like to refrain from polluting the main page with simple retags (a problem others have as well), hence my concession "as they appear" :P \$\endgroup\$
    – Nick T
    Jan 24, 2011 at 4:21
  • \$\begingroup\$ This is a good point. If a solution is not accepted soon we will have to introduce a tag 'Discussion-Voltage-Current-Power" \$\endgroup\$ Mar 4, 2011 at 14:20

1 Answer 1

  • I would call , but that may be a local thing. Is it "line power" across the US?
  • I like the tag , and it appears to have been used correctly so far. May need an edit or two every now and then; maybe even a wiki if one of us ever earns it. My goodness, there are plenty of users that can create this wiki, even me! Guess I should get off my butt!
  • The tags will be quite the operation. Will have to just do a few every day to spread out the damage. This is how I've been doing the meta tags.

Just edited this post with this note:

Phasing out the tags [voltage] and [current]: https://electronics.meta.stackexchange.com/q/372/2118
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, low-power is an important design requirement in many circuits. The requirement is usually "as low as possible" so specific power levels are not relevant to its use. \$\endgroup\$
    – markrages
    Jan 24, 2011 at 21:30
  • \$\begingroup\$ I agree with @tyblu about mains-power because thats what its referred to in the UK. \$\endgroup\$
    – Dean
    Feb 25, 2011 at 10:09
  • \$\begingroup\$ Around here people typically call it "wall power" or "grid power". I prefer "mains power" over "line power". \$\endgroup\$
    – davidcary
    Mar 20, 2011 at 0:17

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .