Is EE.SE the right place to ask a question related to wireless communications and digital communications? Or is there another website that better fits this type of questions?
From our help center:
What topics can I ask about here?
This site is for electronics and electrical engineering professionals, students, and enthusiasts. We ask and answer questions about electrical and electronics engineering topics, which include electronics, physical computing, and those working with microcontrollers, Arduinos and embedded systems. We feel the best Electronics Design questions have a schematic, links to pertinent datasheets or some source code in them, but if your question generally covers …
- a specific electronics design problem
- the theory and simulation of electromagnetic forces
- a communication scheme
- the writing of firmware for bare-metal or RTOS applications
and it is not about …
- a shopping or buying recommendation
- consumer electronics such as media players, cell phones or smart phones, except * when designing these products or modifying their electronics for other uses
- Programming software for a PC
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
So, not all questions concerning wireless communications are on topic. For example:
- I'm looking for a wireless transceiver chip - off topic; shopping recommendation
- Does the SuperPhone 23X support Wi-Fi on 5GHz? - off topic; use of electronic devices rather than electronics design
But, some questions are on topic:
- I'm having trouble with this code to interface the ESP8266 Wi-Fi module. I'm getting these results but I would expect this-and-that.
- I want to implement wireless communication with these specific requirements. What protocol suits my needs?
There exists a wireless tag, as well as communication and digital-communications. Look around if your question has been asked before. Also have a look what kind of questions get closed and what kind of questions are well received.