I just tried to answer a question by including a schematic in the answer, as I have done often in the past. I use Eagle to draw my schematics, then generate a appropriately sized image file from there, then upload that into the answer.
In the past, I typed CTRL-G, which popped up a dialog that eventually allowed entering the image file name on my computer. The system then uploaded that to IMGUR and added the link to the image at IMGUR to my answer. The upload image interface was a little squirrely, but at least it worked.
I just tried the same thing again, and this time I get a rediculously large IMGUR splash screen, with directions to "Click here" to upload my image. Annoying user interface aside (I already said I want to upload a image, clicking again is just busywork, and worse, forces me to move my hand from the keyboard to the mouse), the problem is this new interface doesn't work. When I click as directed, another popup lets me (finally!) enter the image file name. After entering the file name, it pops away, and leaves me with just the original popup. There is a "Add picture" button in the lower right corner, but clicking that poofs me into never-never land. I get a completely white screen. F5 (refresh) doesn't do anything, and there is no apparent way to get back into the edit window for the answer I am writing. My only option seems to be to kill the browser. When I start a new browser session and eventually navigate back to the edit window, it's in the state it was when I typed CTRL-G. My image isn't there.
Since I can't upload images, I can't show screen shots in this question. I have temporarily put a screen shot of the CTRL-G popup at http://www.embedinc.com/temp/imgur.jpg.
Response to questions:
This machine is running WinXP and I am using whatever the latest version of IE is that runs on XP. I just checked and it's IE 8.0.
- CTRL-G. That brings up the "Click here to upload your image" large popup that I show with the link above. It's interesting that this is a little different from what W5VO showed. His says "Drag and drop or click here to upload your image".
- Click where it says "click here".
- This pops up a file name dialog. I type the file name and hit ENTER. This is a local file on my machine, not out on the web. The exact file name was "c:\temp\b.gif" when I ran into this problem.
- I forget exactly, but something for a fraction of a second says something like "uploading", giving the impression the file was uploaded to someplace.
- The file name dialog disappears, leaving only the original "click here" popup.
- Click on "Add picture" button in the lower right corner. This causes the browser window to go completely white, with no apparent means to continue or getting back to editing the answer.
- Kill browser. Start new browser session. Navigate to the edit window for the partially written answer. See that it's state is what it was when CTRL-G was originally typed.