I wrote a program that computes the fast insert_name_here transform of a matrix. I am at a loss of what its application is, what its proper name should be, and find an existing algorithm for it. I posted this question in Computer Science, and one of their members suggested it might be better served here. Does this question belong in Electrical Engineering? Thanks.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ A solution in search of a problem ... ? I agree with Dave's answer. \$\endgroup\$
    – brhans
    Jan 8 '16 at 3:42
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Why did you write the code in the first place if you don't know of any use for it? \$\endgroup\$ Jan 8 '16 at 12:11

To be honest, it sounds more like a pure math problem to me.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Agree, and almost posted the same answer. The thing that stopped me is the part that says "what its application is". \$\endgroup\$ Jan 8 '16 at 13:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ @ScottSeidman: The problem is that the OP can't identify an application for the algorithm, in EE or any other field. I think that only a mathematician would be familiar with the terminology used in the question and be able to identify a field in which he's seen it before. \$\endgroup\$
    – Dave Tweed
    Jan 8 '16 at 13:56

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .