We've had variations of this question before such as here. I don't know if there is a solution.
There are a small minority of users who are editing questions en masse and I'm not sure it's helpful to this site.
Here's one example of "copy editing". My problems with this edit are as follows:
- the question is over a year old.
- the question has an accepted answer.
- the edits are minor:
- some grammar fixes.
- expanding a few shortened terms (e.g. "mcu" to "microcontroller").
- lots of non-breaking spaces.
This is frankly annoying because:
- it bumped an answered question to the top (I read the site daily on a mobile device).
- if it was unanswered the edits do nothing for how easy it would be to answer.
- it doesn't make the question substantially easier to find in search.
None of the edits made to this question are "wrong". On a more recent question or one where these edits fix major problems they would be great. But this grammatical navel-gazing just bumped some other questions off the front page which may have been interesting.
Whilst I'm all for making the internet more beautiful this activity seems completely pointless and it would be great to filter out these edits.