I have a car audio system that I'm currently trying to build an embedded system around. I have found a really strange adapter type that I don't know how to figure out what the standard is, so I can't easily purchase an adapter to integrate with it.

Is a question asking to identify this connector on-topic for this site?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Probably not, as you'll get an answer like "this is an 5 pin AMP xyz connector commonly used in automotive applications" rather than "on car x, this is the connector that goes to sensor y and has pin-out z" which is probably the kind of answer you are looking for. \$\endgroup\$
    – Lundin
    Jan 14, 2019 at 15:05

2 Answers 2


Yes, go ahead. Plenty of other people do it.


Since you are dealing with an automotive connector Mechanics.SE (specialized automotive stack) would be a better place for your particular question.

p.s. Some types of automotive connectors are cataloged here.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .