I've noticed that some recent questions have been tagged with both and (e.g. this question). The former seems to be the main tag (it has a tag wiki and over 4 thousand questions) whereas the latter has no tag wiki and only 111 questions.

There is no need to have two tags for op amps. I suggest we make these two tags either tag synonyms and/or merge them. Assuming the community agrees, which should be the master tag?


1 Answer 1


OK, done. is the master tag, and is a synonym that maps to it.

  • \$\begingroup\$ The tag wiki info is gone now, though, since the master tag didn't have any tag wiki info. It looks like the tag wiki info for the synonym is gone now, too. \$\endgroup\$
    – Null Mod
    Mar 4, 2019 at 16:12
  • \$\begingroup\$ That's fixed now, too. \$\endgroup\$
    – Dave Tweed
    Mar 4, 2019 at 16:14
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ If the long name is preferred, I suggest the same be applied to diff-amp vs differential-amplifier and in-amp vs instrumentation-amplifier (and maybe instrumentation-amp for completeness) \$\endgroup\$
    – Ben Voigt
    Mar 17, 2019 at 23:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .