We have quite a lot questions that basically state
I need a datasheet for XYZ, but haven't been able to locate one.
I'm assuming the search for
"datasheet for" is:question isn't quite an exhaustive list, as things that can be found with a few seconds of google probably were downvoted due to being underresearched, and then potentially deleted by the asker.
I wonder whether there's a guideline for how to deal with these
- They are asking for an external resource (which feels very similar to product questions)
- They don't contain a technical question (but a request, which is similar, but is it the same within this site's ideals?)
- The chances of someone going "oh yes, google won't find that, but here's the datasheet on my special server" is small
- Answers potentially outdate very quickly and can't be self-contained
- It's generally not in the SE spirit to replace search engines if they can be used for the same purpose as asking. Does this also apply when google fails to deliver?
Should such questions be closed? If yes, how?