2
\$\begingroup\$

The tag currently has no wiki guidance and is generally used on questions for one of two purposes:

  1. Questions about transfer functions, in which case the question is often tagged both and instead of the single, correct .
  2. Questions having to do with power or data transmission / "transfer".

The tag should eventually be replaced with for questions of type (1) but should we keep it for questions of type (2) or phase it out completely?

\$\endgroup\$
3
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I looked through the questions and 90% of them that use transfer have the words transfer function somewhere in the question so they could easily be retagged as transfer function. The remaining 10% usually use something like data transfer or power transfer, unless somebody thinks otherwise I'll go ahead and merge transfer and transfer function \$\endgroup\$ – Voltage Spike Mod Mar 12 at 2:40
  • \$\begingroup\$ @VoltageSpike Merging the tags works for me. \$\endgroup\$ – Null Mar 12 at 12:40
  • \$\begingroup\$ @VoltageSpike I've finished retagging the questions that are about transfer functions. The [transfer] tag now just has 5 questions of type (2). I'm not sure whether it should just be removed for those questions or replaced with a more specific tag. \$\endgroup\$ – Null Mar 12 at 19:48
2
\$\begingroup\$

Done, the tags have been merged

\$\endgroup\$

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .