So I have asked where to ask this, both on Meta.SE and SuperUser, and at this point no one sounds too convinced, so I thought I'd ask here first to see if it was on-topic.

I have a small Bluetooth reciever that uses a Micro-USB to charge with. However, the port is having some connectivity issues, so I was interested in asking about the viability of "upgrading" to a "hardier" port, like USB-C.

The question is:

  • Can it be done?
  • If so, how? (I realize that at first glance, the pin/connection configs are different for both ports).

Is EE.SE the place to ask this?

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I feel that that's a valid SE.EE design question. However, that's a demanding task for an existing product - I suspect you may well find it easier to address whatever the connectivity issues are using micro-usb. | You can buy USBC-micro adapters/converters. I do not know what level of functionality is achievable. Some are so low cost that they are likely to be a basic physical connection with perhaps resistors to operate USBC in its basic 5V mode. Others are costly enough that you'd hope they do something useful :-). \$\endgroup\$
    – Russell McMahon Mod
    Jul 8, 2021 at 12:51
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ "the port is having some connectivity issues" What does that even mean? If it's just used for charging and that doesn't work reliably, then maybe the connector is just broken. \$\endgroup\$
    – Lundin
    Jul 9, 2021 at 12:02

1 Answer 1


If you want to check a site to see if a question is ok to ask, visit their help center. Our list of topics is here: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/help/on-topic

consumer electronics such as media players, cell phones or smart phones, except when designing these products or modifying their electronics for other uses

EE.SE is a place to ask questions if you have a design question. Which usually means having a schematic or block diagram.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .