I've just VTC a 'homework with no attempt' question, and another user has added a link to the Tour, perhaps thinking it was helpful. On reading it, it offers no guidance to our policy.
These are the lists from the 'do and don't ask' section of the Tour as it stands at 2021/07/28
- a specific electronics design problem
- the theory and simulation of electromagnetic forces
- a communication scheme
- the writing of firmware for bare-metal or RTOS applications
Don't ask about...
- Shopping or buying recommendations
- Consumer electronics such as media players, cell phones or smart phones, except when designing these products or modifying their electronics for other uses
- Programming software for a PC
- Anything else not directly related to electronics design
- Questions that are primarily opinion-based
- Questions with too many possible answers or that would require an extremely long answer
I'd like to add to these something along the lines of
don't ask for homework answers when you have made no attempt at a solution
do ask for help with homework when you have tried to solve it, you show your working, and indicate where you are stuck
... if of course this still sums up our current policy on homework.