I was reviewing close votes and was at first tempted to jump on the bandwagon and close this question (for which the 4 close votes are classifying it as a question about the use of electronics rather than design):
But upon more careful consideration, I've definitely seen questions about EE software and tools on the site before and they've generally been acceptable.
To me, this question meets several criteria:
- It's on-topic, as it's related to EE design
- It seems possible to help future visitors/searchers
- This community is probably the best one to ask, short of a product support forum
- Software updates/better documentation, etc. could render the question obsolete.
- Depending on the software/tool, its applicability for future visitors may be minimal (only two followers of the tag for that tool in question).
What is the consensus on EE software/tool usage questions? Should this question actually be closed?