I'm currently a Software Engineer at Google where I work on machine learning planning systems.
From 2001-2015 I worked at Pixar, where I was in charge of the Data Management Group. I had a 50 year charter to store and catalog all data and metadata related to the Studio's feature films.
Prior to that I lived in China and was the Chief Software Architect at AsiaInfo, the company that built China's internet. While there my software was used to grow the China Internet from 200K to 65M users. Since I've left that's grown to about 350M users.
I studied computer science and worked in Texas for many years. I also wrote a couple of computer books.
feel free to drop me a line if you've got any feedback on stuff I've posted here!
Top network posts
- 5817 What is the difference between "INNER JOIN" and "OUTER JOIN"?
- 3135 grep a file, but show several surrounding lines?
- 1066 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 950 What is the difference between ++i and i++?
- 838 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 719 How do I unload (reload) a Python module?
- 553 What is Inversion of Control?
- View more network posts →