I'm a Software Engineer at Google where I work on machine learning planning systems.
From 2001-2015 I was the Pixar Tech Lead of the Data Management Group. My 50-year charter was to store and catalog all data and metadata related to the Studio's feature films. This system ("Templar") is in use to this day.
From 1997 to 2001 I lived in Beijing, China and was the Chief Software Architect at AsiaInfo, the company that built China's Internet. While there my software was used to grow the China Internet from 200K to 65M users. The last I heard they were at 350M+ users.
I studied computer science and worked in Texas for many years. I wrote a couple of computer books... the best one was in print for 20 years.
Feel free to drop me a line!
- Stack Overflow 265.7k 265.7k 112112 gold badges308308 silver badges433433 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 9.9k 9.9k 2626 gold badges6161 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 8.9k 8.9k 55 gold badges2424 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Stack Apps 2.1k 2.1k 1111 silver badges11 bronze badge
- Ask Different 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges99 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 6335 What is the difference between "INNER JOIN" and "OUTER JOIN"?
- 3635 grep a file, but show several surrounding lines?
- 1401 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 1221 What is the difference between ++i and i++?
- 1137 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 888 How do I unload (reload) a Python module?
- 717 Python: What OS am I running on?
- View more network posts →