I'm currently a Software Engineer at Google where I work on machine learning planning systems.
From 2001-2015 I worked at Pixar, where I was in charge of the Data Management Group. I had a 50 year charter to store and catalog all data and metadata related to the Studio's feature films.
Prior to that I lived in China and was the Chief Software Architect at AsiaInfo, the company that built China's internet. While there my software was used to grow the China Internet from 200K to 65M users. Since I've left that's grown to about 350M users.
I studied computer science and worked in Texas for many years. I also wrote a couple of computer books.
feel free to drop me a line if you've got any feedback on stuff I've posted here!
- Stack Overflow 181.1k 181.1k 104104 gold badges282282 silver badges406406 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.6k 5.6k 44 gold badges2020 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 5.4k 5.4k 2424 gold badges5353 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- Stack Apps 2.1k 2.1k 1010 silver badges11 bronze badge
- Area 51 1.2k 1.2k 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 5885 What is the difference between "INNER JOIN" and "OUTER JOIN"?
- 3186 grep a file, but show several surrounding lines?
- 1088 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 968 C: What is the difference between ++i and i++?
- 856 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 737 How do I unload (reload) a Python module?
- 570 What is Inversion of Control?
- View more network posts →