Staff Verification Engineer with over 10 years of professional experience, plus RTL implementation and schematic experience. When I'm not resolving bugs, I'm finding ways maximize quality of the design, streamline verification, and teaching other best practices. Other skills on my tool belt: C, C++, Perl, GNUmakefile.
I am a advocate of system-verilog because it gives flexibility for verification and enforces best practices for RTL design. Quality design can be done with only verilog, however system-verilog will catch basic design bugs and syntheses surprises early (e.g. transparent latches, multiple drivers on nets, procedural when intending parallel logic).
Mission on StackOverflow (and Other StackExchange sites)
- Help others
- Promote best practices
- Learn something new
- SystemVerilog LRM IEEE Std 1800-2017 (includes legacy Verilog)
- UVM LRM IEEE Std 1800.2-2017
- Cliff Cummings Papers, Sunburst Design
- Stuart Sutherland Papers, Sutherland HDL
- Doulos Guide to SV
- EDA Playground (online simulator)
- UVM (Manual, User Guild, & Code)
- Stack Overflow 15.8k 15.8k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Code Review 361 361 11 gold badge44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 103 103 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 101 101 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 28 Why have two NOT gates in series?
- 25 Using parameters to create constant in verilog
- 22 What is inferred latch and how it is created when it is missing else statement in if condition. Can anybody explain briefly?
- 15 How to use clock gating in RTL?
- 14 Instantiate Modules in Generate For Loop in Verilog
- 14 Ones count system-verilog
- 14 Connecting hierarchical modules: struct vs interface in SystemVerilog
- View more network posts →