M.Eng. Electronic & Electrical Engineering Degree from University of Leeds, UK, and currently working as a research assistant there.
You can find me on Github @TCWORLD. I have several repositories, including an Arduino library compatible with all Nokia 6100 displays I've found so far (there are many different variants), and an ATTiny MCU core for Arduino (the core included with UECIDE). You can also find the code for my open source Go-To Telescope Mount Controller, AstroEQ.
Prior to studying for a Masters degree in EE, I was a hobbyist in electronics and had been for many years - I started programming with Lego Mindstorms when I was little and slowly worked my way into building electronic kits and then on to designing circuits. I taught myself PCB design and much of the practical aspects of circuit design when digitising a model railway that I have on my windowsill (block detection, control of points, signals, etc.).
It wasn't until going to university that in being taught the fundamentals of circuit design and theory that I started having much more success with my hobby and am now turning that into a career in electronics. Having learnt to program in C/C++ during my first year at Uni, I moved on and taught myself to program in Verilog and work with FPGAs - digital logic circuitry being my main area of interest.
For my Masters year I developed an FPGA based data transfer system based around a low level PCIe IP core (Altera) and in the process taught myself how to write Windows KMDF drivers and DLLs. In fact this project landed me a job at Georgia Tech where I continued development of the system and have since turned it into a Ultrasound Imaging Platform which is configurable enough to be useful in many other research areas including medical research and industrial applications.
- Electrical Engineering 48k 48k 33 gold badges9595 silver badges150150 bronze badges
- Code Golf 4.1k 4.1k 99 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Super User 886 886 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 500 500 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Arduino 470 470 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 76 What is the smallest positive base 10 integer that can be printed by a program shorter (in characters) than itself?
- 70 How does my screen driver handle so much data?
- 68 Why do ICs have NC (No Connection or No Function) pins?
- 64 Why am I not dead after repeatedly touching a high-voltage source?
- 49 Can I reduce voltage from 3.3V to 1.8V using a 1.5V battery?
- 49 Why are SMD LEDs shipped in a sealed bag containing desiccant?
- 47 What is the truth about 1.5 V "lithium" cells?
- View more network posts →