What you need to know about me:
CTO at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network.
One of the original architects of the XRP Ledger system, the first to solve the crypto-currency double spend problem without requiring either a central authority or proof of work.
My alter ego is "JoelKatz" on the Bitcoin forums and other places.
Follow me on Twitter -- @JoelKatz.
Areas of expertise include cryptography, payment and settlement networks, advising fintech and emerging technology startups, and C++ programming.
Areas of interest include computers, aviation (both full scale and model/drone), basketball and football.
My wife and I have a blog, but it's only rarely updated.
- Stack Overflow 168k 168k 1717 gold badges189189 silver badges261261 bronze badges
- Super User 60.4k 60.4k 77 gold badges9595 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- Bitcoin 50k 50k 55 gold badges101101 silver badges174174 bronze badges
- Server Fault 30.6k 30.6k 11 gold badge5050 silver badges8080 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10k 10k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 251 When is std::weak_ptr useful?
- 214 Why is the size of my email about a third bigger than the size of its attached files?
- 212 What is thread contention?
- 203 How can a file size be zero?
- 196 Overwrite or override
- 167 What's the difference between “mod” and “remainder”?
- 140 Should I disable swap file if I have lots of RAM or should I move it to a virtual RAM drive?
- View more network posts →