Recovering Software Engineer, currently reclaiming my Electrical Engineering education (BSEE '86 University of Texas at Austin). I came of age when the personal computer (PC) came on the scene and spent most of my career in software development. Currently gainfully employed as an (Industry) Analyst Relations manager at Cisco. Getting my technical fix at night and on weekends from circuit design and project construction, with very valued help from other members of this site.
For some odd reason, currently fascinated with power electronics and control loops. Even starting to feel an awkward attraction to Calculus, which I certainly never thought would happen :)
Menlo Park, CA
Member for 4 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 30 at 19:40
- Stack Overflow 12.8k 12.8k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.9k 3.9k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Woodworking 2k 2k 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 705 705 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Super User 285 285 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 79 What does git rev-parse do?
- 33 Count the number of commits on a Git branch
- 33 Designing a *linear* MOSFET driver stage
- 33 Why are SMD LEDs shipped in a sealed bag containing desiccant?
- 30 How to use python-docx to replace text in a Word document and save
- 26 Why are op amps used so frequently in analog electronics?
- 23 What is noise gain, really? And how is it determined in the general case?
- View more network posts →