Recovering Software Engineer, currently reclaiming my Electrical Engineering education (BSEE '86 University of Texas at Austin). I came of age when the personal computer (PC) came on the scene and spent most of my career in software development. Currently gainfully employed as an (Industry) Analyst Relations manager at Cisco. Getting my technical fix at night and on weekends from circuit design and project construction, with very valued help from other members of this site.
For some odd reason, currently fascinated with power electronics and control loops. Even starting to feel an awkward attraction to Calculus, which I certainly never thought would happen :)
Menlo Park, CA
Member for 4 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 30 '19 at 19:40
- Stack Overflow 15.2k 15.2k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 6.3k 6.3k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Woodworking 2.1k 2.1k 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 705 705 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Super User 475 475 11 gold badge33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 88 What does git rev-parse do?
- 38 Count the number of commits on a Git branch
- 36 How to use python-docx to replace text in a Word document and save
- 34 Why are SMD LEDs shipped in a sealed bag containing desiccant?
- 33 Designing a *linear* MOSFET driver stage
- 26 Why are op amps used so frequently in analog electronics?
- 23 What is noise gain, really? And how is it determined in the general case?
- View more network posts →