I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 4 years, 10 months
7 profile views
Last seen Mar 27 '19 at 6:50
- Raspberry Pi 44.3k 44.3k 1919 gold badges7373 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Ask Different 6.5k 6.5k 1414 gold badges4747 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.1k 1.1k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 301 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 264 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 136 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 92 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 87 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 74 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 67 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 (or later model)
- View more network posts →