I'm a Professor of Software Engineering in the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Athens University of Economics and Business, Professor of Software Analytics in the Department of Software Technology at the Delft University of Technology, and the Editor in Chief Emeritus of IEEE Software.
My latest book is Effective Debugging: 66 Specific Ways to Debug Software and Systems. I've also written the award-winning books Code Reading and Code Quality: the Open Source Perspective, I've put together the UMLGraph declarative UML diagram tool and Java UML doclet, I recorded 44 years of Unix history in a single Git repository, I've managed the IT systems at the Greek Ministry of Finance, I've worked for Google, and I've implemented the version of sed that's distributed with BSD Unix and macOS. In a previous life I was a four times winner of the International Obfuscated C Code Contest.
- Stack Overflow 17.7k 17.7k 44 gold badges5454 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 660 660 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 617 617 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Skeptics 606 606 66 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Super User 592 592 22 gold badges44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 422 What is continue keyword and how it works in java?
- 107 Create file with given size in Java
- 99 Is it possible to cache POST methods in HTTP?
- 49 How to add a progress bar to a shell script?
- 49 Are there more Greeks driving Porsche Cayennes than paying high-rate tax?
- 43 How do you reconcile common C++ naming conventions with those of the libraries
- 37 How can i estimate memory usage of std::map?
- View more network posts →