I like to answer older questions, if I have an additional perspective to the question to give.
Adding an additional answer even if there are valid answers can still add value to the collection of answers and questions we are building here. (A late answer does, by it's nature, get not much attention, so it leads to exceptionally low reputation per answer. But hey, that's life, right?) And I feel it's the important thing here: We're answering professional questions in a professional way, and often do that quickly. That's of great value for the general public.
But the real thing of value, that is of value hard to describe in simple terms, is the body of text, the whole collection that we are creating here together. All participants here, whether he or she cares more about asking, answering or collecting questions and answers.
This applies to all StackExchange sites and topics in the same way. In some sites and topics, I like to add questions that have only the purpose of growing the collection, often more academic than practical, and of general interest while not too trivial.
I'm here because I want to take part in the creation of this exceptional body of well structured knowledge.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 31 '19 at 3:06
- Unix & Linux 13.8k 13.8k 33 gold badges4343 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 11k 11k 44 gold badges4141 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Physics 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Politics 3.1k 3.1k 44 gold badges1414 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.4k 2.4k 1919 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 271 ifconfig command not found
- 184 Why are hard links not allowed for directories?
- 97 How to limit depth for recursive file list?
- 90 Why do Nigerian email scammer openly say they are from Nigeria?
- 76 Unhighlight last search in 'less'
- 58 Open filename under cursor like gf, but in a new tab (or split)?
- 55 Why do candidates not quit if they no longer have a realistic chance to win in the 2020 US presidents election
- View more network posts →